Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Geek Guide

In continuation of my previous meme on books, I realise that I am not too much of a geek: I only read less than 50% (42 to be more exact) of the 100 books on the list. But here's another list that I know I've completely read already:

1. Deception Point (Dan Brown)
2. Digital Fortress (Dan Brown)
3. - 9. The Anne of Green Gables Set (L.M. Montgomery): Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, Anne of Windy Poplars, Anne's House of Dreams, Anne of Ingleside, Rainbow Valley, and Rilla of Ingleside.
10. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (J.K. Rowling)
11. Little Men (Louisa May Alcott)
12. Jo's Boys (Alcott)
13. Message in a Bottle (Nicholas Sparks)
14. A Walk to Remember (Sparks)
15. Rescue (Sparks)
16. Veronika Decides to Die (Paulo Coelho)
17. Shopaholic Abroad (Sophia Kinsella)
18. Can You Keep A Secret? (Kinsella)
19. Shopaholic and Sister (Kinsella)
20. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Kinsella)
21. Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Kinsella)
22. Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl (Anne Frank)
23. Oliver Twist (Charles Dickens)
24. Like Water For Chocolate (Laura Esquivel)
25. Lasher (Anne Rice)
26. The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Anne Brashares)
27. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (Helen Fielding)
28. The Pearl (John Steinbeck)
29. The Parsifal Mosaic (Robert Ludlum)
30. The Icarus Agenda (Robert Ludlum)

Apparently, I'm a "series" freak... I also read books by the same author (it lessens my time in the bookstore)... and I'm a romantic at heart. There's more to the list, I'm sure, but that's another meme altogether. :-) Ciao!

3 comments:

PJ said...

Nice list Kimmie! I love reading too, when I was young I used to lock myself in my room and read entire encyclopedia volumes. Hahaha. Weird huh? :)

kim said...

Reading encyclopedias? hmmmm... so now you've upgraded to googling things and SEO-ing, huh? some things never change - THANK GOD! aheeheehee.

Thanks for dropping by, sharkey... now if only that woman (i.e., author of "adoseofme") who nagged me into creating this blog would drop by too...

Unknown said...

Kimmie!!! Alas...I have found a kindred spirit! Someone who shares my love of good books! LOL!

Sharkey, my brother used to do the same thing! Ha! I thought he was the only person to lock himself up in his room and read the entire encyclopedia collection...from A-Z!

The boy can talk to you about anything and everything. I attribute it to his odd past- time ;)