Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dreams of Many Miles

A former college professor had the privilege of meeting Robert Frost many years ago. She asked him about one of the greatest mysteries in the literary world -- why write the line "And miles to go before I sleep" twice? To poem-lovers, that line already held much power and mystique; reading it twice, consecutively, implied pain and slow progress. His answer -- "Yes, I read that line slowly, too, but with surety. And slowly, but surely, I'll get to wherever I want to go, even if it takes me twice the number of miles."

I want to travel to Puerto Galera, Cagayan de Oro, Sagada Valley, Ilocos Norte, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Seoul, Athens, Ibiza, the Canary Islands, Paris, Venice, Rome, London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Zurich, Mexico, Acapulco, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Johannesburg, Rabat, Nova Scotia, New York, Washington, D.C., and Augusta. That's approximately tens of thousands of miles, and I can't wait to take that journey someday. Ultimately, though, I'm coming back to Manila (as the song goes). It's where I'm from, and where I'd like to end my journey. Will you come with me?

2 comments:

CoNnE said...

sure!! so long as you'll pay for my expenses, and that includes..my shopping expenses! =)

galera, here we come!!!

PJ said...

Mine too!