Friday, June 8, 2007

Lucky 8's


Time.com reports that the best wedding date ever is 07 July 2007, a.k.a. 7/7/7. Not only are Tony Parker and Eva Longoria tying the knot on this day, so are Wolfgang Puck and fiancee Gelila Assefa and ten thousand other regular "Joes" who are marrying their ideal and regular "Janes."

As for me, on 7/7/7 (a Saturday, as LUCK would have it), I would be doing my usual:
  1. Convince myself to go to the gym
  2. Go pick up the laundry
  3. Celebrate my personal holiday called, "It's Pasta Day, Today!"
  4. Take a siesta
  5. Go home to Quezon City and spend the weekend with the folks who are mourning the gradual loss of their aging brood.
But, I'll plan for something special on 8/8/8. That oughtta be an auspicious day - because (1) it's gonna be a Friday, and (2) my Chinese ancestors bet a whole darned lot on triple 8's (which, when pronounced in Cantonese is "fa, fa, fa," a homonym to the words "luck, luck, luck" in the same language), and succeeded in whatever they've done that had been associated with this "most lucky of numbers." Surely, there'd be something good goin' for me on that day, too.

4 comments:

Uncivil said...

I have a friend getting married today. 6/9/7
Hey, at least there's a 69 in there!LOL
77 is better because you get 8/ate more!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! Uncivil!!! Too funny!

Kim, great post! Fantastic sense of humour! Love it!

Heidi said...

That's interesting! 777 I'll be in Toronto. I'll plan for something for 888.

LOL

Unknown said...

Kimmie...
Where are you??? :) You've gone AWOL!! Or shall I say MIA? Anyway, hope all's well where you are!