Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fooooooood!

Okay, that last entry was a downer. I can't be feeling down when it's almost dinnertime!!! I'll lose my darned appetite, for chrissakes. Can't have that! So, I'm reminiscing and making a meme out of my most favouritest food ever.

1. French bread with honey

2. Adobo (any type - sweet, salty, pork, chicken, plenty, few - any type at all. I can drink adobo.)

3. Dimsum

4. Siopao (this usually falls under the "Dimsum" category in many menus, but I think it is a category all its own.)

5. Shrimp Salad (the hot version that's often served in Chinese restos here)

6. Potato Gratin (I've got such a mean recipe of this and can do it better than Tyler Florence can!)

7. Spaghetti Puttanesca (OMG)

8. Apple pie!

9. Nestlé Crunch chocolate bars (yeah, that's right. You read it right. Crunch bars totally beats out Godiva for me, every time, all the time. Seduce me with Crunch, and I'm all over you).

10. Oolong tea

10. White wine - a hundred times more delectable than plain ol' tea, don'cha think??

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh yummy! I love the photos too. I don't know Adobos are but I'll eat them if you serve it.

kim said...

Sure, just come on by anytime, CK.

P.S. I grabbed the picture from http://www.maegabriel.com/riceandnoodles/index.php?popup=comment&showimage=34. Try out her recipe and see if you like it.

We normally don't it with chopsticks (as the picture suggests), but hey, to each his own, right?

Thanks for dropping by!

Unknown said...

Okay, now I'm hungry! Kimmie, your post is making me salivate!!! LOL!

My husband loves it when I cook chicken adobo! I prefer pork though. I don't like the chicken bones in the adobo! LOL! I know...I'm weird.

kim said...

Oi vey! Chicken bones in adobo are the absolute best! Plucking the meat off the bones using your fingers (with soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic slipping in between digits) is the best experience in any gastronomical adventure available to man.

Kudos to your hubby! He is such a foodie... you ought to let him try other dinuguan, too! With puto! Aheeheehee! Happy eating.

Unknown said...

HAHA! I told him about dinuguan and puto! He actually said he wanted to try it! LOL! Then I told him about balut. Now, that was a different story! LOL!