Thursday, April 5, 2007

íHace Calor! On a Good Friday

Lordy, is it hot, or is it hot?! Today, Good Friday, is supposedly the hottest day of the year, at least in the Philippines, according to my mum. I checked the weather today and apparently, it will be an average of 25 degrees Celsius today, with a high of 32 degrees. Add to that some cloudy skies and plenty of overwhelming family members, and voila! I've got a heck of a day to go through.

It's actually not so hot today, if I were to base my observation on the temperature mentioned above. We go through days that are a lot hotter than these, all year round. I suppose one only notices and feels the weather more succinctly today because one is not usually holed up inside a comfortable air-conditioned office on this Holy Day. There's less to complain about, and even lesser to talk about, other than good ol' fashioned weather.

Rather than fully focus on my un-Christian-ly manners and mistakes, and on the ungodly heat that Good Friday is promising to have, I'd rather channel my energies on opportunities that everyday-living and the Great Man Upstairs have brought me today. To them, thank you.

3 comments:

Girlie Monkey said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come back often. Hope you survived the Easter weekend. I barely did ;-)

Unknown said...

Wow! A whopping 32 degrees? It's 0 here right now! LOL! On Good Friday it was +5 or 6 though! Hey, I'm not complaining one bit though, because I know that come Summer, I'll be complaining about the stinkin', sweltering heat! LOL!
Oh, btw, I added you to my links, k?
Have a great week. It's almost the weekedn!!! :)

kim said...

hi there again, chrissy. yes, please add me in your links. if you could, too, girlie monkey, that'll be absolutely great.

chrissy, i had conne read girlie monkey's blog yesterday. she saw some of your comments and said, "i'm 'seeing' a side of chrissy that i've never seen before... she sounds so 'pure' in my blog..." aheeheehee