Monday, April 16, 2007

Kim @ Work

My beloved friend and officemate has officially decided that she's going to move on to new, and perhaps, bigger employment opportunities today. I FEEL SOOOOOOO LEFT OUT! Not because of the potentially bigger (and more profitable) opportunities she has at the tip of her hand, but because she has a firm direction in her professional life. She knows what she wants, she knows how to get it, and she's not looking back anymore. Me? I'm still at loose ends!

Hence, tomorrow, expect Kim to finally have control of her life... sometime after lunch - after a meeting with the boss. Oh, and I should remember to start sending out my CV already, damnit! I keep forgetting that.

Ok, enough venting. Back to my market survey, which is a part of a study/project that I have decided I will no longer be participating in after June this year. Why am I still doing it now if I won't be part of it anymore after this project ends? BEATS ME! Ayayay. I'm too lenient, I know. Giving away my services and making them use my MBA knowledge virtually for free...

Ok, now really, GTG back to work so I can start watching DVDs.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kimmie!!!!! Don't worry :) I'm sure you'll figure out what to do soon. Making a change in the direction you're going with your career is a big step. It took me a few months to sort out the pros and cons of leaving my comfy teaching job in Toronto and deciding to open my own business on the island. It was a crazy risk, for obvious reasons! I had security and a paycheck every two weeks! I had medical insurance, vacation time...I had it really good! However, my dream has always been to do my own thing. Sometimes the best decisions at the time are the hardest ones to make. I can't wait to hear what happens! Keep me posted!

CoNnE said...

Just out of curiosity, may I ask who this beloved office mate and friend you are referring to? She must be one helluva lady, a beautiful and smart one!
As what Chrissy said, i'm sure you'll soon be able to figure out what will make you happy in your career. I just hope you'll get your answers real soon! or atleast before you tie the knots with this persistent boss..

Thoughts to words said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thoughts to words said...

Hi Kim....I believe it's better to be at loose ends than to be stoned! (Batô ba?)

:-)

kim said...

Conne: long time no hear from yah, girl! How've you been? Thought you were gonna be updating your blog soon?

As for that beloved officemate and friend I was referring to in this post, yes, she's beautiful and smart. And, I hate you... oops, I mean, her, because she has directionality already, while I am still in limbo. As to tying the persistent boss' knots, oh, how I would love to fiddle with his knot. But, we both know 'who-else-but-me' will most probably object. Hence, I am waiting for an outcome by 02 May... that's my deadline. If nothing happens, then this girl's flying the darned coop.

Who-else-but-me, to tell you quite honestly, I'm nervous about being at loose ends. I mean, I have the condo that I'm leasing, the gym membership I'm paying on installment-basis, the second-hand car I'm planning to purchase, the high-end single-girl life I want to lead... oi vey! Being at loose ends is hard. But, I also agree. Being "stoned" by the hand that feeds you is no happy experience either. Therefore, I conclude - I'm gonna choose the lesser evil. What is this, you may ask? Uhm, I don't know yet. I'm still setting the metrics. :-)