Thursday, May 3, 2007

I want...


  1. A sleek semi-new affordable sedan, preferably coloured forest green or canary yellow, so that I don’t have to commute in this gawd-forsaken heat.
  2. A condo unit all my own, one that I’m not forced to share with anyone else, also preferably one that I pay real-estate taxes for, all by myself.
  3. A heavy-duty Teflon-covered flat-bottomed all-around pan. I’ve always told myself that I’d buy one the next time I go to the mall, but somehow I always seem to get distracted by that cute girly skirt, that awesome James Dean-printed top, that über pro-looking blazer, that pair of softly-padded heels that are just to die for, and that yummilicious-looking plate of pasta.
  4. Another cute girly skirt.
  5. An awesome Bob Marley-printed shirt.
  6. An über pro-looking pair of slacks to match my new blazer.
  7. A pair of furry slippers to help my aching feet rest after a whole day of standing in the killer shoes.
  8. A gym membership that lasts forever + a day to counter that sinful plate of pasta I shouldn’t have eaten last night.
  9. An Apple I-book, with unlimited memory.
  10. An Apple I-pod, also with unlimited memory.
  11. Open source software to be known and advocated by every single living person on this planet! But, since that’s not possible, I’ll just concentrate on my own small set of friends, and make them convert to the belief that open source is the new tech god.
  12. Tourism here in the Philippines to be better managed, so that Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and other ASEAN nations don’t continuously trample us in the international market.
  13. A business of my own.
  14. A food business of my own, separate from no. 13. The previous entry, however, would still be part of the service industry, since it’s what I’m most familiar with.
  15. To know how to fly a plane.

This is in response to some very persistent acquaintances’ own lists of “I want’s…” As you can see, I have some on the list that are pretty achievable (i.e., skirt, shirt, shoes), others that are mild hallucinations (i.e., car, condo unit, I-book), and some that are extremely wild (i.e., better-managed Philippine tourism). My point? You can’t have ‘em all, bebes.

6 comments:

Simple American said...

Interesting I wants. Hope you can achieve them all soon.

Man I want that gym membership too. And the discipline to use it. :)

Uncivil said...

Let's see.....I might could help you out with the Teflon pan, the girly skirt,the Marley shirt, the slacks ,and the furry slippers, but you're on your own after that!

I want a new Honda Civic, or a Honda CRV (preferably white).I would really like to have both of them!

kim said...

Simple American:
Oh, I got the gym membership already. It's only for 2 years, though, not for forever and a day. With regards to the discipline - well, let's just say that that's something that I NEED (which makes up another list altogether).

Based on your blog, though, I thought you're military. Discipline = military, isn't it? I soooo envy you.

Uncivil:
Cool! I love love love people helping me out with my "I wants." Please ship them to... :-)

Can't reciprocate with your Hondas, though (unless you want miniature ones) :-( But if you have a list of smaller things that you may want (i.e., that may be categorized under 'pretty achievable,' please post them on your site, and I'll gladly try and see where I can help you out!

Heidi said...

I never stick with the gym memberships. It'll be wasted on me.

Again, sorry about the mixup, girl. But you inspired me to write a post about it. LOL

Unknown said...

LOL! HAHAHA! Curiosity, did you really think Kimmie was a boy? I suppose writing a post about cooking, cleaning and shopping 101 could have been perceived as something a guy might write (not being sexist at all here, so hope no one perceives it that way). But, we all know that there are many women out there who are equally inept at these things too. Maybe inept isn't the right word. Perhaps 'there are many women who choose not to do these things. One of my best friends does not cook, clean, grocery shop or do anyting related to anything domestic. That's just the way she is. Her boyfriend accepts this and he does all the cooking and cleaning and grocery shopping...Yes, he even does their laundry! Personally, I think she is a smart woman! LOL! ;)

kim said...

To stop beating around the bush, Chrissy, "inept" IS the word I'd use to describe my experience here. Now, I'm trying to "un-inept" myself.

RE. your best friend's boyfriend... when they break up, lemme know ok? ;-)